Our Practice internet site is intended primarily to provide information about our Practice and Services. We have taken care to ensure that all information is provided is accurate and valid.
However, The Practice accepts no responsibility for use of the information provided. The advice for patients is as comprehensive and accurate as possible, but it can only be of a general nature and should not be used as a substitute for a consultation with a medical professional.
2. Medical Information on the Web
The Internet can be a useful resource for researching medical conditions. It also has inherent weaknesses that you should be aware of. If you use the Internet for medical research or information, please be aware of the following points:
- Always look for a balanced view – do not rely on advice from one site and seek a balanced viewpoint.
- Remember that anyone can publish anything on the Internet. Make sure that the authors’ names and their qualifications are included – anonymous information may not be sourced accurately.
- Be aware that advertising might influence the site contents – check for commercial sponsorship or for advertising which might influence the information on the site.
- Check that the website is updated regularly.
- Be cautious of online diagnoses or consultations.
- Check the Websites Privacy and Confidentiality Policy.
- Beware that Website information or advice sourced from outside the UK might describe treatments not available in the UK.
3. Suitability and Availability
We cannot guarantee that this website will meet your requirements, or that it will be of satisfactory quality, or that it will be fit for your particular purpose, or that it will not infringe the rights of third parties, or that it will be secure.
Further, we cannot guarantee uninterrupted access to Our Website, or the sites to which it links. We accept no responsibility for any damages arising from the loss of use of this information.
4. Online Consultations
If you decide to use our online advice or consultation features you must be aware that without a physical examination we may decline to give advice and may ask you to attend the surgery for an appointment.
5. Links to Other Websites
All links from our Practice Website to any other Websites are provided for information and convenience only. We cannot accept responsibility for sites linked to, or the information found there. A link does not imply an endorsement of a site; likewise, not linking to a particular site does not imply lack of endorsement.
6. Data Collection
Please be aware that we collect contact details of those who wish to communicate with us via e-mail, collect aggregated (non-personal) information about which pages visitors to our website chose to access, and collect information volunteered by visitors to our website (such as survey information and/or site registrations). The information we collect is used to improve the content of our Web pages and the quality of our service.
7. Hosting, Networks and Data Storage
Please be aware that our Website uses Third Party Service Providers, Vendors and Hosting Partners to provide the necessary hardware, software, networking, storage, and related technology required to support our Website.
8. Recording of Telephone Calls
Please be aware that all outbound and inbound calls to our surgeries are recorded for training and monitoring purposes.